Assists the Retail Warehouse Manager and other Retail Managers in supervising the warehouse staff. Ensures inventory and product deliveries to the various retail outlets, in accordance with Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards; are occurring in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supervise retail warehouse personnel, including assigning duties, training, coaching and recommendations for counseling; reports any problems to manager.
- Oversees inventory control, including receiving shipments, transfers & deliveries, cycle counts and quarterly full inventories.
- Manage and ensure all associates are following the GuestPath Universal Service Standards and the Retail Operational Standards
- Regularly evaluates, creates and maintains professional visual displays; provides direction to retail associates regarding store merchandising and displays.
- Recommend measures to improve service, work performance and quality of service.
- Assists management in recruiting, interviewing and selecting retail warehouse associates.
- Performs warehouse duties where needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of retail operations and merchandising and/or previous experience in a retail environment is preferred
- Previous experience working with point of sale (POS) system preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Retail Management or Business degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, and adhere to Company’s GuestPath Univeral Service Standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate job procedures to staff and give clear concise instructions
- Must have the ability to analyze data and make decisions. Strong math & computer skills preferred
- Strong leadership skills required; ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast paced environment
- Ability to lift/move/maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pull heavy carts of product throughout facility
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting and reaching, during entire length of shift
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Warehouse environment, noise level may be moderate to high
- Exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold depending on the season
- Exposed to fumes from delivery trucks and other equipment
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity Employer